Village located south of Kamieniec Ząbkowicki, on the opposite side of Castle Hill, on a busy road Kamieniec Ząbkowicki – Paczków. Byczeń is one of the interesting settlements in the Kamieniec Ząbkowicki Municipality. The excavations that were carried out here, revealed traces of settlement from the Paleolithic and the Stone Age. In the Middle Ages there was a settlement, traces of which survived to this day. There is a beautiful obelisk erected by the Department of Archeology. The first Lord of Byczeń, Moichno, was the owner of not only Byczeń, but also Topola, Śrem, Pomianów Górny, Płonica. The first mention of Byczeń comes from 1251. Since 1349 the village belongs to the goods of Cistercian of Kamieniec. Materials for the construction of the Palace of Kamieniec were burned in the brickyard founded here in the 19th century. In the first years after the liberation a second school of beekeeping in Poland was here. The most valuable monument of the village is a branch church from 1771, dedicated to St Martin, with preserved wall paintings.
405 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
The southernmost village of Kamieniec Ząbkowicki Municipality, bordering with Opole Voivodeship. Excavations uncovered traces of cremation burial ground from the Bronze Age. In the 14th century, on the former stronghold area, a park was established, regularly enriched with new species of vegetation. The village has retained a historic branch church from 1747 dedicated to St John of Nepomuk, renovated in 1967, and a palace complex.
223 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
Located on a busy route of Ziębice – Paczków – Złoty Stok. Noteworthy here is the historic parish church dedicated to St Nicholas, which was first mentioned in 1293. The current, from the 13th century, was rebuilt between 1617 – 1623, renewed in the 19th century and in the 1960s. A tower gate and the wall were also preserved. Visible pieces of sgraffito on the north – east wall. A penitential cross stands on the left side of the road leading to Ziębice. An antique palace complex was also preserved.
657 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
KAMIENIEC ZĄBKOWICKI I
KAMIENIEC ZĄBKOWICKI II
Kamieniec was formed during fights between the Czech Republic and Poland for Silesian lands. The first mention of it comes from chronicle of Cosmas from 1096 – mentions the fact that the set on the rock castle was built by the Czech Duke Bretislaus II. It was intended to serve as a stronghold during the military expeditions to Poland. Under the agreement ending nearly 200 years of wars of Silesia, concluded in 1137 between Bolesław Krzywousty (Bolesław III Wrymouth) and Bořivoj, duke of Bohemia, Kamieniec passes into the hands of Polish, at the same time losing its strategic importance. Since 1210 stronghold becomes the seat of the Augustinian Order, brought here by Vincent of Pogorzela, from the monastery of Virgin Mary on the Sand in Wrocław. Over the years, the monastery is enriched by a number of villages, mostly donated by the family of the founder, as well as by Wawrzyniec, the bishop of Wrocław. In 1243, after leaving Kamieniec by Vincent of Pogorzela, begins the fall of the monastery. Finally, in 1247 the bishop of Wroclaw, Tomasz I, orders to remove Augustinians from Kamieniec introducing Cistercians of Lubiąż in their place, who have stayed here until the liquidation of the monastery of Kamieniec by Frederick William III of Prussia in October 1810. Until the 15th century the order of Cistercians experienced a period of splendor, and Kamieniec grew with it, becoming an important religious and cultural center. The later years are period of slow fall of the monastery, which was caused by the Hussite Wars (1426 and 1428), floods (1496 and 1501), fires, the Thirty Years’ War (1618-1648), Silesian Wars (1740-1763). After the liquidation of the monastery, the property that was put up for auction was bought by the wife of king of the Netherlands, Princess Marianne of Orange-Nassau. From ancillary settlement for the monastery of Kamieniec it became a settlement. Its importance has increased when the heiress of local goods Princess of the Netherlands, Marianne of Orange-Nassau, and her husband Albrecht Hohenzollern chose this settlement for a place of their summer residence. In 1838 it was decided to build the palace, which towers still rises above Kamieniec in a wonderful, picturesque way. Thanks to the foundations of the Duchess the village received also an orphanage, a hospital and a kindergarten. An important event for the development of Kamieniec was building a railway junction connecting Wrocław and Prague. In the years of World War II, the castle of Kamieniec became a repository of works of art, library collections and archives, brought from Wrocław, Kłodzko and part of occupied Poland, most of which were dispersed in 1946. After the liberation in 1945 the Kamieniec palace was converted to headquarters for the Soviet soldiers, who were staying here for over a year. Since November 1946, when the administration passes into the polish hands, Kamieniec receives the name Ząbkowicki and becomes the seat of the municipality. In 1958 it receives the rights of a settlement, and after 1973 is again the seat of the municipality.
4816 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
A village located parallel to the railway line and road Kamieniec Ząbkowicki – Paczków. The most interesting monument in the fourteenth-century village is a chapel. Next to it, rooted in green grass, frozen forever, stands a penitential cross.
164 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
Located in the foothills of the Bardo Mountains and Laskówki Depression, along the Gruda creek, by the road Kamieniec – Laski – Zloty Stok – Kłodzko. The settlement was founded around 1230 on the initiative of the monks of the monastery of Kamieniec. The historic parish church dedicated to St Catherine was built at the turn of the 14th and 15th century, rebuilt in the 17th century, was expanded in the years 1853-1854.
597 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
The fifteenth-century village located parallel to the railway line and road Kamieniec Ząbkowicki – Paczków. Noteworthy here is the historic branch church dedicated to St Barbara, built at the turn of the 16th and 17th century, rebuilt in 1758. Next to the wall of the church stands the penitential cross. A historic cottage from the 18th century is located by the way, surrounded by an old park.
150 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
A village bordering with the Złoty Stok Municipality in the immediate frontier zone. The settlement was first mentioned in 1302. Since 1322 it belonged to the Cistercians from Kamieniec. The Mass chapel dedicated to St Joseph comes from 1750.
191 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
About 2.5 km away from Kamieniec Ząbkowicki, located on the road from Kamieniec Ząbkowicki to Złoty Stok. The village was founded about 1210 and since 1300 belonged to the Cistercian Monastery of Kamieniec. Located here church, dedicated to St Matthew, comes from 1799. Restored in the years 1972 – 2001.
207 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
The northernmost settlement in the Kamieniec Ząbkowicki Municipality, on the road Kamieniec – Ziębice. First described in chronicles in 1291. Since 1359 it belonged to the Cistercian Monastery in Kamieniec. One of the most interesting monuments of the Neolithic period came from here – a copper ax with two blades (one of two of this type found in Poland), which was lost during the World War II. There is a historic church dedicated to St John the Baptist from 1778, which is mentioned in chronicles already in the mid-14th century. In 1778 it was partially rebuilt, and restored during the years 1974-1976.
684 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
Located on the north – western end of the municipality. The settlement is first mentioned in 1316. Since 1403 it belonged to the Cistercian Monastery in Kamieniec. East of the village lies a well-preserved stronghold. The local church dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows from 1687 was rebuilt in 1837 and restored in the years 1975-1976. Once the construction of the reservoir KAMIENIEC is completed, it is planned to place here one of the major tourist bases.
65 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
The village was mentioned in 1291. In 1303 Abbot Peter of Kamieniec, bought the village from the Knight Hermann Barby. The later abbot Frederick of Kamieniec (1666-1747) came from this village. The original branch church dedicated to the Holy Spirit came from 1666, the current one from 1852. Nearby, on a hill, that from this site creates a gorge of Nysa Kłodzka, there are traces of an ancient quarry.
103 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.
Located along Nysa Kłodzka, close to the road Kamieniec Ząbkowicki – Paczków. Dated 1293. It was bought for the monastery in Kamieniec in 1316 by Bishop Henry. The present parish church dedicated to St Bartholomew comes from the years 1754 – 1757 and was restored in the years 1970-1973, (chronicles state that the church existed in the village already in 1317). Topola is the place of birth (in 1690) of Friedrich Bernhard Werner, one of the interesting draughtsman, to whom we owe not only topography of Silesia, but also a number of drawings of individual objects that are often the only source of information about their former appearance.
247 inhabitants as of March 6, 2015.