In Kamieniec Ząbkowicki we can see a multistructural composition of the landscape and the center is a monumental residence of Marianne of Orange-Nassau, with the surrounding park on Góra Zamkowa. Besides that, the park consists of Cistercian Abbey with its ancillary settlement, the valley of the river Budzówka and pasture ground, evangelical church, a pond with engine room, picturesque valley of Nysa Kłodzka with gorge in the area of Śrem Mountain, and a settlement with water mill in Mały Byczeń.
The values that distinguish this complex are:
- generally preserved original spatial composition, which has no significant transformation,
- stylish homogeneity, clear and harmonized with each other layers,
- it is heavily featured in the landscape and settlement,
- it is the work of outstanding artists, architects, landscape architects, builders, gardeners, sculptors,
- mostly well preserved, allowing the revaluation,
- it is the subject of special conservation concern.
The Law on the Protection of Monuments of 23 July 2003 established a form of protection of the cultural landscape as a cultural park, which purpose is to preserve the distinctive landscape areas with monuments typical for the local tradition of building and settlement. These areas, in a connection with the protection of the natural environment, can be used for optimal, sustainable socio-economic and spatial development and the municipality.
Creating a Cultural Park in Kamieniec Ząbkowicki was designed to protect especially valuable cultural, landscape and natural values in historically shaped space with compositionally distinctive assumptions:
- Cistercian Abbey with monastic settlement,
- residential complex on Góra Zamkowa,
- landscape composed in the valley of Nysa Kłodzka,
- settlement complex in Mały Byczeń,
- scenically exposed Śrem Mountain
Preserved until now, unique in the regional and supra-regional scale, historic landscape requires effective protection against urban processes that may affect the degradation of these values.
The plan developed to protect the Cultural Park is a documentation specifying the restrictions and requirements that must be applied in park’s premises in order to ensure the conditions for the protection of the cultural landscape, environmental balance and rational management of these resources to be used mainly to develop the tourist offer of the municipality. Agreed with the Provincial Conservator of Monuments, approved by the Municipal Council, it shall be the basis for the development of the local spatial development plan of the area of Cultural Park.
STUDIES OF EXPERTS ON CULTURAL PARK:
- GENERAL VALORIZATION OF THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CULTURAL LANDSCAPE – history
- GENERAL VALORIZATION OF THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CULTURAL LANDSCAPE – iconography
- GENERAL VALORIZATION OF THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CULTURAL LANDSCAPE – analysis
- PARK PROTECTION PLAN